A recent international Loyaltic survey* highlighted the effectiveness of in-store communication combined with social media marketing to drive awareness of brand promotions and product benefits and stimulate sales.
- 59% of shoppers were influenced by on-pack communication (stickers and flashes)
- 22% noticed the campaign from other in-store communication.
- 14% of shoppers learned about promotions on their social feed.
- 3% of consumers made their decision based on a brand’s website
- 2% said other media channels influenced their decision.
Arguably this is even more strongly the case in the African market where the in-store shopping experience remains pivotal and social media is the fashion of the growing middle class.
Our recent relaunch of Twinsaver’s Twin Ply range in new packaging was driven by an in-store- & social-first strategy. The POS highlighted the functional benefits of the new Complete Comfort cushion as a differentiator in the toilet-tissue category; promoters supported the campaign in top stores countrywide; and a social campaign running on the Twinsaver Facebook and Instagram pages drove engagement.
Albeit with some ATL expenditure Twinsaver enjoyed volume share gains in the Twin Ply category over the campaign month of 4.8%, driving growth ahead of the category and almost 3 times that of its nearest competitor (April ‘18 12MMA).