SENIOR POP & SHOPPER SPECIALIST
The Whalley Collective is seeking a talented, passionate, expert POP & Shopper Specialist to expand and maximize opportunities in our path to purchase offer.
You have years of experience developing shopper solutions and designing POP but are equally excited to map the shopper’s journey and integrate the retail touchpoints through tech. The translation of strategic and creative briefs for retail requires strong design skills, rich knowledge of the SA retail landscape and understanding of production methods. Because you are a good communicator and able to organize and manage your projects, you will have the freedom to own your speciality and express yourself in a flat team structure.
You will collaborate with key agency people to design creatively strong shopper solutions that integrate with other touchpoints to inspire action by the target audience. Your practical design experience and disciplines must enable you to take and apply direction to design practical creations for the purpose of securing new business and expanding present business.
The role is integral to the broader service team accessible to our clients and your positive contribution to the team dynamic will ensure our best results and your individual expression will provide personal growth for you and fresh thinking to our work.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- To partner in the development of brand interactions and customer experiences that deliver purchase intent along the entire path to purchase.
- To lead the development of trade marketing collateral that enhances our client’s relationships with channel influencers.
- Work with the creative team to produce meticulous, well thought through concepts that are visually impactful, engaging and that communicate well.
- Design for multiple platforms from digital to physical, understanding the user experience and the technical requirements to create the work that inspires action for each.
- Your projects are typically complex in nature and require you to adopt best in class procedures, processes, and techniques to accomplish the project.
- Education equivalent to a diploma in graphic design, industrial design or structural engineering favoured.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in point of purchase design. Digital savvy candidates favoured.
- Strong working knowledge of production methodologies, production methods, printing methods and materials required.
- Advanced design software skills are needed such as, Adobe Creative Suite, Cinema 4D and related programmes.
- Able to work in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment and handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Strong listening, evaluating, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to network and build relationships with individuals of various experience and levels both within and outside of the company.
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills with the ability to create new business opportunities.
- Ability to quickly grasp the customer’s current situation and needs based on the current market environment and cross business objectives. Based on customer understanding, able to visualize and develop compelling design possibilities.
- Ability to engage in rapid experimentation of multiple design ideas and ability to learn from failed design concepts.
- Previous work experience as a member of a team, or a strong understanding of the importance of open communication and information sharing between co-workers.
- Reports to the Creative Directors and works closely with the Client Service, Operations and Production teams.
C2C commensurate with experience.